Re: Added direct JavaScript processing to WebKit prototype

From: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 14:42:36 -0700
To: Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>
Cc: public-xg-audio@w3.org, Corban Brook <corbanbrook@gmail.com>

> > This demo is pretty simple, but I'd be very interested in porting some of
> the Mozilla demos to this API.  Corban, would it be OK with you if I ported
> some of your demos which use the DSP.js library you've been working on?
>
> Very nice. Overhead on my machine is very low (20%) and I think at least
> half that overhead is WebGL rendering. It would be nice to duplicate the
> functionality of the Realtime Ananyzer demo so we can understand the
> difference in overhead between doing FFT's in JS vs native code.
>
> -----
> ~Chris
> cmarrin@apple.com

Sure, I can do that.  I know that the Mozilla folks have already done this
and found the JS FFT performance to be acceptable for realtime analysis.
 Where the FFT overhead gets quite a lot heavier is in
panning/spatialization and convolution where there are hundreds of larger
sized FFTs per second.

Chris