  From:       Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>

  To:         public-xg-app-backplane <public-xg-app-backplane@w3.org>

  Date:       10/07/2008 08:41 AM

  Subject:    Anyone familiar with REX?

Folks,
is anyone here familiar with REX (Remote Events for XML)?

I'm toying with the idea of doing distributed webapps through sharing/
mirroring an XForms instance/SMIL State document, possibly with REX.
But: it seems REX has been stuck in WD status for two years. It was
apparently a joint effort between SVI and Web API, of which the latter
no longer exists (it's been merged into Web Applications, which does
not mention REX at all).
Goldman