Re: ACTION-2217: Spec up file/read and write (and provide links)

Related:
https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2011/08/Saving-generated-files-on-the-client-side

So I think the correct behaviour for a PUT to a "file:" URL is this:

1. Serialise to an internal structure
2. Present it to the user as a "download", as in the text example in that
article, with the filename initially filled in according to the PUT URL.
3. Let the user decided if it is to be downloaded at all (a [cancel] would
generate a submit-error), and if so to which actual file.

Similarly, a GET from a file: which would be equivalent to an upload
dialogue, with the URL filled in, allowing the user to cancel, or change
the location.

Steven

Steven