Re: submission/@relevant proposal

With regard to nonrelevant="empty", what happens to the children of a branch node that is, itself, not relevant? Does the submission descend that branch of the tree removing text nodes and attribute values of its descendants?

Philip

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wednesday, 29 March 2017 at 10:35
To: "public-xformsusers@w3.org" <public-xformsusers@w3.org>, Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Subject: Re: xf:submission/@relevant proposal

I think it's a good idea to improve this.

I agree that "relevant='true'" is not descriptive, and confusing.

I think that we should keep "relevant='true|false'" to mean what it does now, and deprecate it.

I'm not sure about the word "prune", since it is not a widely-used word (and has an amusing second meaning).

I presume by 'blank' you mean 'make empty'.

So on reflection I like the idea of deprecating @relevant, and introducing @nonrelevant.

How about

    nonrelevant="keep|remove|empty"

with a default of