Re: Re-evaluating a switch

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:29:14 -0800
To: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: "public-xformsusers@w3.org" <public-xformsusers@w3.org>

> True, but the control would get an xforms-value-changed, so it could be
> argued, that the response to a value changed is to activate the switch
> evaluation, which would result in the "selected" node being selected.

I am not sure why we would choose that behavior:

- That would break backward compatibility.
- xforms-value-changed is a notification whose purpose is to allow
detecting when the value associated with a control has changed, not to
perform behavior on controls. It is just a notification event.
- The initial selection via `selected` should happen upon the control
becoming relevant, and *maybe* when the binding changes (but I am not sure
in that case). I don't think we need to handle it at any other times.