The copy Element (for itemset)

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 15:34:15 +0100
To: "public-xformsusers@w3.org" <public-xformsusers@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/community/xformsusers/wiki/XForms_2.0#The_copy_Element_.28for_itemset.29

Two points.

"When a copy node is selected, the following rules apply:
  * The target node, selected by the binding attributes on the selection
control, must be an element node, otherwise an xforms-binding-error event)
is dispatched."

The spec didn't say where to, so I am adding it. Should it be dispatched
to the <copy> or the selection control do we think?

Second point.

"If the Single Item Binding attributes [of <copy>] indicate a node in a
model other than the bound item of the containing selection control, then
an xforms-binding-error Event is dispatched to the element."

Surely not!

In fact, just above this is an example:

	<select model="cone" ref="order" label="Flavors">
	  <itemset model="flavors" ref="flavor" label="{description}"
copy="description"/>
	</select>

which translated to use <copy> would look like

	<select model="cone" ref="order" label="Flavors">
	  <itemset model="flavors" ref="flavor" label="{description}">
	     <copy ref="description"/>
	  </itemset>
	</select>

and description is clearly in a different model to order.