Re: ACTION-2029 - Check that integer promotes successfully to double

From: Nick Van den Bleeken <Nick.Van.den.Bleeken@inventivegroup.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 13:15:27 +0000
To: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>, Forms WG <public-forms@w3.org>, "public-xformsusers@w3.org" <public-xformsusers@w3.org>
Erik,

Isn’t for the input parameter value of NaN returning an empty sequence not quite close to an empty string? When the sequence is converted to a string it will be an empty string. And in a lot of cases we convert to string in XForms. There are of course cases where there will be a difference. But I think that the advantages of returning an xs:date (or xs:dateTime) overweigh the impact of the backwards incompatibility.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken