Re: Chrome about to remove XSLT from browser

John,

Hadn't seen this, but here is a relevant thread:

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/zIg2KC7PyH0

The main concern seems to be the relative footprint of the code given
the little real usage XSLT has in the browser.

The reality as I read it is that XSLT is not deemed a web technology
with a future so has no place in the browser and should be removed.
But I wonder why it's not simply put in those terms?

With the advent of web components [1], I personally don't see a need
for XSLT as a required implementation technology for XForms in the
future.

-Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-components-intro-20130606/