Re: [Xsltforms-support] XForms and CSS

On Jul 15, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Alain Couthures wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For compatibility with Mozilla XForms Extension, XSLTForms still has
> some support for namespace in CSS rules, like this:

> Actually, most XSLTForms users seem to ignore this feature and it might
> become optional in the next release for performance reasons (and
> because, being implemented with XSLT 1.0, it currently requires external
> CSS files to contain a dummy document element!). Replacing every
> "xf|tag" by ".xforms-tag" is producing the same behavior.
>
> XForms implementers, what do you think of CSS rules for XForms?
>
> XForms users, do you really like this feature?

Speaking only for myself:  (a) yes, I like it and I do use it, but
(b) I dislike having to wrap external CSS files in elements (it
worries me because it means I end up with two copies of every
CSS file, which is a maintenance challenge), so in practice I almost
always use this idiom only in the header of the form.  (If I ever
standardized on the way I want particular controls to look, that
would be a maintenance challenge, too, but so far I haven't, so
I don't mind.)

Also (c) I could live with it, if the feature became optional or went
away for performance reasons or for compatibility with other live
XForms implementations.

Michael

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib