Re: Agenda: WSC WG distributed meeting, Wednesday, 2008-03-26

On 25-Mar-08, at 7:57 AM, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:
> 7.6) Internal inconsistency on logotype displays, as called out in
> comments.
> In 6.1.2:
> Logotypes derived from certificates SHOULD NOT be rendered, unless
> the certificate used is an augmented assurance certificate.
> In 5.1.5:
> Otherwise, when the logotype information is derived from a validated
> certificate, then the issuer logotype MUST be rendered, if present.
> Poll -
> a) remove the line from 5.1.5
> b) remove the line from 6.1.2
> c) remove both

I suspect that the intent of 6.1.2 is to say:

        _Subject_ logotypes derived from ....

That is, that we SHOULD NOT render a logotype we can't trust.  We
implicitly trust the issuer logotype, which is what 5.1.5 is getting
at.  I think that with that (nearly editorial) change, there isn't any
inconsistency.

Cheers,

Johnathan

---