Re: Should EV signalling be in place if the user granted an exception?

On 2008-03-06 19:39:00 +0000, Close, Tyler J. wrote:

> I am amused that their EV protected home page contains <script>
> tags that source the script using an http: URL. Consequently,
> Firefox currently shows their page with a red slash through their
> pricy lock icon.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/index.php
>
> Should EV indicators be active in the case of mixed content?

I presume they should, and I think our spec says so.  (I'll
certainly make sure it does. ;-)

Meanwhile, permitting the scripts by selectively deactivating the
NoScript extension correctly turns of the EV indicator in the
Firefox version that I use, so it appars like they got that right.

(I was looking at sourceforge.net with scripting deactivated earlier
on.)