Re: URL disambiguation

Why are we saying that it shouldn't be done in other modes? If (for some
strange reason) somesite.com doesn't work, and the browser tries
www.somesite.com, I would view that as being helpful. Given that it's
something that many people rely on, I'd be surprised if you got any traction
for taking it out.

Obviously I think the browser should first try somesite.com, and if that
returns a result (either an A record or a CNAME) that should be honored, but
if not, it seems like it's in the interest of the user for the browser to
try www.

-Ian