Re: ACTION-453: Initial draft of sec. cons. EV mixed with DV

Here's a stab that might be more suitable for wsc-xit, based on Yngve's
text, and the discussion in Oslo:

The EV indicator tells the user that the owner and author of the webpage
being displayed can be identified using information from the associated EV
certificate. Identity signals in this specification only directly address
displaying the identity of the party responsible for the top level
resource in a web page. User agents may choose to make the identities of
other resources that can affect or control the pages content, but we do
not put forward a model for users on how they might use such information
in their trust decisions. The identity of the top level resource vouches
for the content of all dependant resources, which is why they must all be
strongly TLS protected for the web page to display an AA  indicator.

If a EV page includes content from other strongly TLS-protected resources
that are not identified by EV certificates, the authors for these third
party parts of the document cannot be identified to the same extent as for
the main document. Given that certain types of content, for example
external scripts and styling can change the containing document's entire
appearance, and framed content and plugins can be where the user's main
interaction occurs, the user's real interaction may be with content
created by a completely different author than the one identified by the
main document's EV certificate.

Using third party content also makes the main document reliant upon the
security of the third party contributor, and expands the available attack
surface of the service, thus giving attackers several more lines of
attack.