Re: clarifications needed re safe form editor cert matching algorithm

Given that the attestation for a non-EV cert is control over the domain,
 this still applies to subdomains.  So I'm not sure why all low-grade
certs shouldn't use wildcards (other than more profit for CAs).  Why
shouldn't we just treat them this way with regard to which warnings we show?

Granted, I agree with you guys about the theoretical problems.  The
issue is weighing these against being pragmatic.  We will not be able to
create effective warnings if we only consider "perfect" situations.  We
need to consider what is actually happening.

serge

--
/*
Serge Egelman

PhD Candidate
Vice President for External Affairs, Graduate Student Assembly
Carnegie Mellon University

Legislative Concerns Chair
National Association of Graduate-Professional Students
*/