ISSUE-115 (Re: Agenda: WSC WG distributed meeting, Wednesday, 2007-11-28)

On 2007-11-27 10:13:02 -0500, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> 9) ISSUE-115 - Mixing of security information and content in non-visual
> environments?
> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/issues/115
> We have no identified next steps on this one

I see three relevant action items:

      * ACTION-327 on Thomas Roessler to Generalize 8.1.2 to be
	not specific to visual interfaces - due 2007-11-19,
	open

      * ACTION-328 on William Eburn to Propose techniques for
	not obviously spoofable audio presentation based on
	discussion above suitable for 8.3.2 - due 2007-11-12,
	open

      * ACTION-329 on Bruno von Niman to Review 8.2 to ensure
	suitability of language in non-visual contexts - due
	2007-11-12, open

Discharging ACTION-327, I've made some changes to the editor's
draft, in sections 8.1.1, 8.1.2 and 8.3.2, thereby probably
stepping into ACTION-328 territory as well.

Specifically:

- In 8.1.1, I've chagned "part" to "facet" to better capture
  that there might not be any parts in the visual sense.
  Better wording choices highly welcome; I couldn't come up
  with anything better.

- I've added a brief note to 8.2.3 saying:

  "A known technique for user agents that expose a voice-based
  user interface is to chose different voices for the
  presentation of Web content and metainformation."

- I've added a brief note to 8.1.3 saying:

  User agents SHOULD make use of trusted path techniques to
  communicate security context information, see 8.2.3 Techniques.

I'm not entirely happy with this; the motivation here is that
the techniques we seemed to identify at the face-to-face to
avoid mixing in audio contexts were all coming from the trusted
path corner.

Improvements owuld be very welcome; in particular, I look
forward to seeing proposals from William and Bruno on how to
improve this.

--
Thomas Roessler, W3C   <tlr@w3.org>