Re: Last Call - and wsc-usecases

On 2007-05-23 08:55:13 -0400, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> The list is exhaustive. Yet, if we find input that we want to
> incorporate in the process of iterating on the recommendations,
> it needs to be included in the wsc-usecases list.

As a reminder, the purpose of the note (and of that last call) is to
give the broader community a heads-up about the direction we're
heading into, and an opportunity to comment on that.

> At the time, I said that meant we needed to move the last call of
> wsc-usecases back substantially, and I did so.

I think having it in June makes sense; we should be able to proceed
on the issues in time for that.

BTW, we need to think about who takes the lead on getting back to
the various commentors with explanations of what we did.  I'd hope
Bill takes this on as part of his overall role.

> If that is a problem, we need to revisit that issue, and decide
> what process we'll use in the case of having a post-last-call
> wsc-usecases that needs updating (I imagine there is such a
> process).

Well, wsc-usecases is a note in the first place.  There's nothing in
the process to keep us from updating it.  The Last Call is, however,
a promise toward the community that we're not planning to do major
changes to the note once the Last Call (and handling of LC comments)
is over.

The main question that the current schedule creates in my mind is
whether the "initial consensus on recommendations" milestone is even
close to being realistic.

I suspect that getting to that kind of consensus will take at least
one additional f2f in late August or early September (which is
entirely within our possibilities as chartered, but for which we'll
need to start planning), and possibly some more time by e-mail and
on the phone.