Re: WSC WG - timeline/roadmap

On 22-Mar-07, at 2:44 PM, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> Now that we're making the transition from planning to doing, here's
> the outline of the timeline/roadmap we will be following.  Take
> special note of the timeline for initial recommendations in the
> wiki, developing code to those recommendations, and testing of that
> code. April is our month for getting all of our initial draft
> recommendations into the wiki; June is the month we plan the
> functional, robustness, and usability testing, July we are coding,
> August we are testing. Please reply with reactions, comments, etc.

I think that sounds good, although I want to give an up front warning
that my March/April looks to be pretty messy travel-wise, so I might
be even slower than I am already on some deliverables :(

Also, a quick note on being creative/generative: I think we need to
spend time in April quickly generating and iterating ideas so that we
have a wider set to choose from. Quick pitches should be placed on
the wiki and then we can spend some time in the calls doing Q&A
(maybe a 5 minute overview, 10 minutes of questions, and then follow
ups to email?) on those ideas. That should help us rapidly flesh some
out and determine which should be investigated as recommendations,
and which should be dropped - coming up with a dropped idea is just
as valuable as one that's followed through. Or maybe not that precise
structure, but something that similarly encourages exploration
without fear of being totally off base.

cheers,
mike