Re: For your information

ACM Portal references are difficult for me, since I do not work in IBM
Research, I do not have easy access to them.

That may explain why others do not read it as well. Is there a reference
that is easily available?

          Mez

Re: For your information

Serge Egelman
to:
Hallam-Baker, Phillip
07/21/2007 05:19 PM

Sent by:
public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
Cc:
Thomas Roessler, W3 Work Group

"Secure Internet Letterhead logos MUST be trustworthy. In particular an
end user who sees a Letterhead logo displayed in the secure chrome area
MUST be assured that...[t]he issue[r] of the logo has been validated in
accordance with industry accepted standards."

Do you really expect users to distinguish between legitimate logos and
made up ones?  Everyone really needs to read this:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1047671.1047674 (it's already in
the shared bookmarks, I believe, but I have a feeling that no one is
reading those)

Do you think it's reasonable for a user to understand the industry
standards for issuance?  We know that they currently do not, and I'm not
sure how you expect to change that.

serge

--
/*
Serge Egelman

PhD Candidate
Vice President for External Affairs, Graduate Student Assembly
Carnegie Mellon University

Legislative Concerns Chair
National Association of Graduate-Professional Students
*/