Re: Liaisons needed

On 2007-06-27 17:00:31 -0400, Johnathan Nightingale wrote:

> They'd obviously be happy to hear that we had recommendations
> like Secure Letterhead, or Identity Signal, which give UI
> emphasis to EV technologies, but beyond that I don't see them as
> contributing an important perspective.  It's also worth noting
> that CABForum right now is exclusively CAs (which we have
> represented in our group already) and browser vendors (ditto).

> So without having any meaningful liasons to offer, I'm hoping I
> just axed 25% of the work here.  :)

Well, participants in the group and in CABforum obviously overlap,
but they aren't identical.  I think it's never wrong to get more CAs
(e.g.) to review our work.

Also, we could come up with a recommendation that asks for a photo
of the certificate subject's corporate headquarters to be displayed
full-screen for 10 minutes when an organization's EV cert is firt
seen.  (Just for the sake of argument. ;-)

CABforum would be the organization to make that information
available, so I'd rather keep them in the loop and look for some
point person to serve as a liaison.