RE: Note Section - Design Principles

My suggestion would be for W3C to sponsor (or co-sponsor with
appropriate partners from academia & industry) a further test of browser
security context usability, following more or less the methodology
already defined by Carnegie Mellon ... but this time drawing on a
larger, more representative  sample of users.

The objectives of the exercise would be:

*
	Validate or refine our understanding of who the average web user
is and how much she understands security
*
	Validate or refine our assumptions about how current security
cues are understood and used, and how well that works today
*
	Test user reaction to proposed WSC solutions using UI prototypes
of new security indicators, messages, etc.

Michael McCormick, CISSP
Lead Architect, Information Security

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein.  If you have received this
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.

  _____