Re: Note structure (Was: Design principles to Note)

On 2006-12-21 12:20:14 -0600, Close, Tyler J. wrote:

> Also, Thomas pointed out that we must not use any trademarks in a
> W3C document.

That's maybe phrased a bit too strongly -- but for company names and
domain names and the like that are used in examples, it's a very
good idea to stay away from them.  (Plus, it's quite easy to do so.)

> What's the policy on including screenshots taken from trademarked
> applications?

Good question.  I've seen some, but would suggest that we don't do
anything that could be constructed to be either an endorsement or an
indiction of any paritcular vendor.

(Also, note that we'll need descriptive text for any images that we
use anyway.)

Regards,