Re: IETF Web Authentication Resistant to Phishing

On 2007-12-13 12:42:14 -0600, michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com wrote:

> http://tools.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-06.
> txt
>
> Shouldn't W3C and IETF be coordinating these efforts?  They seem
> interdependent since any new web security protocols require secure UIs
> (and possibly vice-versa).

Note that this is an individual submission (by a very influential
individual, nonetheless; yet, not uncontested) trying to mostly
address some requirements analysis.  I know that several folks at
W3C have been carefully watching the discussion around this one.
General coordination happens during regular calls between W3C staff
and the IESG.

Also, if this working group wanted to review the current draft and
send comments, that would certainly a worthwhile endeavour.

See also:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2007Jun/0177.html

Regards,