Re: Remarks regarding the schema

Dear Harald,

thanks for the comments, we will discuss them tomorrow in our
teleconference. Below are my personal replies.

Please note that while you're commenting on the schema linked from the
WSDL-S submission, I'll be replying with regard to the schema for
SAWSDL. Currently there appears to be a preliminary version at
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/spec/sawsdl.xsd and it's being edited.

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 16:04 +0200, Harald Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a closer look at the schema provided in the submission and I
> have some remarks regarding it:
>
> 1. At which WSDL version is the schema aimed?
>
>  From the text it seems that it is WSDL 2. But the schema only works
> with WSDL 1.1 as "documented" from WSDL 1.1 is referenced. In WSDL 2
> it is called "DocumentedType".
>
> so "documented" should either be "tDocumented" (WSDL 1.1) or
> "DocumentedType" (WSDL 2).

Our main schema may not necessarily link to either WSDL version, but if
it needs to be specific to any version, it will be specific to WSDL 2.0.

> 2.
>
> Both precondition and effect are defined as restrictions of anyType:
>
> <element name="precondition">
>      <complexType>
>        <complexContent>
> 	<restriction base="anyType">
> 	  <attribute name="name" type="string" />
> 	  <attribute name="modelReference" type="anyURI" />
> 	  <attribute name="expression" type="string" />
> 	</restriction>
>        </complexContent>
>      </complexType>
> </element>
>
> But you only specify attributes. Hence, a restriction does not do
> anything. The following should work equally well:
>
> <element name="precondition">
>      <complexType>
> 	<attribute name="name" type="string" />
> 	<attribute name="modelReference" type="anyURI" />
> 	<attribute name="expression" type="string" />
>      </complexType>
> </element>

In SAWSDL, we don't have effects and preconditions, so these types are
gone from our schema.

> 3.
>
> In section 4.5 Service Categorization you specify a category as follows:
>
> <element name="category" maxOccurs="unbounded">
>    <complexType>
>     <complexContent>
>       <extension base="wsdl:interface">
>        <attribute name="categoyname" type="NCName" use="required"/>
>        <attribute name="taxonomyURI" type="anyURI" use="required"/>
>        <attribute name="taxonomyValue" type="String" use="optional"/>
>        <attribute name="taxonomyCode" type="integer" use="optional"/>
>       </extension>
>      </complexContent>
>    </complexType>
> </element>
>
> This is different from the specification in the schema where
> extension base is "wsdl:documented" and not "wsdl:interface". I guess
> the error lies here with "wsdl:interface".

You're probably correct, but I suspect the element's type need not be
extension of anything.

> 4. minor bugs in the schema
> String -> string (line 11)

Thanks for catching that.

> 5. Usage of service categories with WSDL 1.1
> In WSDL 1.1 port types are extensions of
> "tExtensibleAttributesDocumented". Hence, it is not possible to add
> service categories to them. Maybe this should be mentioned in section
> 5 WSDL 1.1 Support

Good catch, we will probably discuss this when we talk about our support
for WSDL 1.1. Mainly we are focused on WSDL 2.0, though.

Thanks again for the comments, we'll let you know about any resolutions.

Jacek