RE: Comments on WS-Fragment editor's draft

Looks good. Thanks.

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 7:15 PM
To: Ram Jeyaraman
Cc: public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Subject: Re: Comments on WS-Fragment editor's draft

I'm not sure what I was smoking when I wrote up the original text, and the stuff currently in the spec,  because it seems very inconsistent.  Thanks for catching this Ram.
Let's try this version:
This Mode value indicates that the children of the Value element MUST be added to the resource representation in place of the fragment referenced by the children of the Expression element.

This Mode value has the net effect of doing a "delete" on the referenced fragment, followed by an "insert" on the fragment's parent.

If the fragment is absent, or if the Expression evaluates to an empty fragment, then the "delete" portion of the operation MUST have no effect. If the implementation is schema aware and it detects that the Expression is not valid per the schema then a wsf:InvalidExpression fault MUST be generated.

When this Mode value is used the Value element MUST be present.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com<mailto:dug@us.ibm.com>

Ram Jeyaraman <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com<mailto:Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>>

03/15/2010 08:26 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

cc

"public-ws-resource-access@w3.org<mailto:public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>" <public-ws-resource-access@w3.org<mailto:public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>>

Subject

Comments on WS-Fragment editor's draft

Based on the resolution to issues 8185 and 8193, I suggest the following changes [1] to WS-Fragment. Thanks.

[1]

[Body]/wst:Put/wsf:Fragment/wsf:Expression@Mode="http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/edcopies/ws-fra/Modes/Replace"
This Mode value indicates that the children of the Value element MUST be added to the resource representation in place of the fragment referenced by the children of the Expression element.
This Mode value has the net effect of doing a "delete" on the referenced fragment, followed by an "insert" on the fragment's parent. If the referenced fragment is already absent then the "insert" operation is still performed.
If the Value element is not present then this Mode MUST simply remove the referenced fragment. If the fragment is already absent, or if the Expression evaluates to an empty fragment, then this operation MUST have no effect. If the implementation is schema aware and it detects that the Expression is not valid per the schema then a wsf:InvalidExpression fault MUST be generated.
When this Mode value is used the Value element MUST be present.