RE: W3C Submission: Web Services Policy Attachment for Endpoint Reference (WS-PAEPR)

Hi

As a scribe, I was struggling to catch-up on minuting the lively
discussion :) on the WG call yesterday, and did not get a chance to
offer our own position on this.

Reviewing the W3C team's comment on the submission
http://www.w3.org/Submission/2007/03/Comment, I share their concern with
respect to overlap with WS-MetadataExchange. WS-MeX
<http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/mex/WS-MetadataExchange.pdf>
already offers a solution to embed various kinds of metadata in an EPR
including policy (specifically WS-Policy).  Many vendors involved in the
WS-Policy effort (including Oracle?), had recently demonstrated the
interoperability of WS-MeX recently. We think a generic mechanism that
permits embedding all sorts of metadata in an EPR, following a uniform
scheme is a desirable approach than defining a special solution for
WS-Policy alone.

Thanks,

Prasad