RE: What is the Vocabulary of an Intersected Policy

Monica,

For a while, I thought the situation might be even trickier because of
these open-world assumptions.  I'm just thinking this through a bit, but
I had thought it might be that there are two priorities of vocabularies,
the service and the client.  Any vocabulary types in the service would
need to be in the vocabulary of the effective policy, because the
service has clearly made a decision about including them or not.  But a
client vocabulary type (not known by the service) perhaps shouldn't be
in the effective policy because the service has made no decision for or
agin the particular type.

I then tried to think of both ignorable and non-ignorable, and it seems
to me there's actually no need to exclude client vocabulary types.
Imagine the client knows about doing ws-addressing but the service
doesn't.  The service has not said it will or will not do ws-a, but
having it in the effective vocabulary (or not) doesn't change the
effective policy which would say no ws-a.  However, imagine the client
knows about the hypothetical EndOfLife assertion and service doesn't.
Again, the effective policy will say no EOL and the vocabulary type
would have EOL, and effective policy is still true.

At this point, I don't see a need to differentiate between client and
service vocabulary types for purposes of the effective policy
vocabulary.  Anybody have any other thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Dave