Re: Action-90 Review

Frederick,

In general the edits look good.
I have some questions about  the following section[4.4.3 Considerations
for choosing parameters vs nesting]:

Are these assertions designed for the same policy subject?
Do these assertions represent dependent behaviors?
If the answers are yes to both of these questions then leveraging nested
policy expressions is something to consider. Keep in mind that a nested
policy expression participates in the policy intersection algorithm. If a
requester uses policy intersection to select a compatible policy
alternative then the assertions in a nested policy expression play a first
class role in the outcome. There is one caveat to watch out for: policy
assertions with deeply nested policy can greatly increase the complexity
of a policy and should be avoided when they are not needed.

with regard to the first question, I don't think this is explained at all
in the following paragraph, so i'm not sure what the value of the question
is, and if it is going to be there, I think we need to explain what the
alternatives are if both answers are NOT yes.

Maryann

Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Sent by: public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org
11/29/2006 11:06 PM

"ext Asir Vedamuthu" <asirveda@microsoft.com>
cc
Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>,
<public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org>
Subject
Re: Action-90 Review

Thanks for noting these editorial issues.

I have corrected all of these as part of this editorial pass, with
the following exceptions:

> 4.5.2 Optional behavior at runtime
>
> s/Leaving the semantics undescribed/Leaving the semantics not or under
> specified/

changed to "Leaving the semantics not specified or incompletely
specified"

> s/See also 4.3.3 Self Describing Messages . /See also 4.3.3 Self
> Describing Messages./

Issue here seems to be in the specref target, so I didn't touch this
since it could break elsewhere.
  "See also <specref ref="self-describing"/>."

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia