RE: Debating on the usefulness of a standard description for stateful service instances applicability, creation, communication, ...

I know it is off topic, yet (I will keep it short) ... Comments embedded

<snip/>

> As for impedance mismatch, SOA and OO are different, and so of course
you
> have a mismatch. The skill is in transforming one to the other, not
bodging
<KS>
	To augment Jim's points, IMHO, SOA and OO are at different
"layers" of abstraction - while services manifest the business
interfaces, the objects manifest the underlying implementations. An
instance of a service could very well be a set of objects.

	One of the cardinal sins of SOA (especially Web Services) is to
expose an object graph as a set of (web) services directly. This creates
the illusion that OO == SOA. The "RPC" mode of SOAP doesn't help either
:o(
</KS>

Cheers

-k.