RE: Debating on the usefulness of a standard description for stateful service instances applicability, creation, communication, ...

Marco:
While I resonate with many of your points (I was co-author on OGSI Spec), I
must agree with Savas on one point.  The discussion you raise is best dealt
with on another mailing list such as Savas suggested.

++++++++
Steve Graham
sggraham@us.ibm.com
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, On Demand Architecture
++++++++

                      "Savas Parastatidis"
                      <Savas.Parastatidis@newca        To:       <public-ws-desc-state@w3c.org>
                      stle.ac.uk>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                         Subject:  RE: Debating on the usefulness of a standard description for stateful service
                      public-ws-desc-state-requ         instances applicability, creation, communication, ...
                      est@w3.org

                      06/18/2003 07:51 AM

Marco,

Although I strongly disagree with most of your arguments, I feel that
such discussion should take place at a different mailing list (perhaps
www-ws@w3.org or www-ws-arch@w3.org). The WSDL specification talks about
_how_ to write WS interfaces and not about what those interfaces are.
Additionally, the WSDL specification says nothing about the behavioural
semantics of the components for which the interfaces are written.

Perhaps the others in this mailing list have a different view.

Regards,
--
Dr. Savas Parastatidis
Chief Software Architect, North-East Regional e-Science Centre

Unknown)