RE: Some requirements

I agree with Steve. In order for attribute definition in WSDL to be of any
use, people must be able to know, when they want an attribute, what message
to send to access them. Right? How do you define what a message looks like
in the web services world? With a piece of WSDL. It would be pretty ironic
for the WSDL spec itself to have English text that says "to retrieve an
attribute send a SOAP message containing as the first child of the body an
element called "attribute-name" the value of which is the name of the
attribute you want to retrieve" instead of just providing a WSDL operation
describing just that. Once this is done, people won't even necessarily have
to include this specific operation in their WSDL, we can state in the spec
that by indicating in their WSDL that they have attributes they implicitly
indicate their support of the WSDL operations needed to access attributes.

On the other hand, these operations should be limited to generic support for
any attribute, no specialized operation for "favorite" attributes. This
might be what Savas is warning us against?

Regards,

William