Re: Something else to consider

"VAMBENEPE,WILLIAM (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <vbp@hp.com> writes:
> I find this elegant, but my main question is how this meets the
requirements
> we have listed. I can see many requirements that don't appear to be met by
> this, such as ability to query over multiple attributes and ability to
> attach metadata to attributes. Or am I missing something in this proposal?
> Do the get and set operations allow more advanced syntax to meet these
> requirements?

I think the ability to query over all attributes is a specific
function that really does not belong in WSDL .. that's really in
the space of OGSi. Now that we have inheritance, they can mix that
in nicely without any problem.

Additional metadata (including static values if so desired) can be
embedded via our ever-powerful extensibility model. So if GGF for
example wants to add additional metadata then they can! If we have
readwrite vs. readonly metadata I think that's prolly sufficient
for WSDL. (That's supported by what Savas proposed.)

Sanjiva.