RE: attributes & WSDL (was: Re: attributes in CORBA IDL)

From: Jim Webber <jim.webber@arjuna.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 23:31:55 +0100
To: <public-ws-desc-state@w3.org>

Savas:

> PS: I hope people don't get tired with my objections. Perhaps
> I should start keeping my "voice" down since it seems that I
> am the only one with these views :-(

No, you are not alone in these views :-). I would ask a question though,
that given attributes are simply syntactic sugar for operations with
specific message exchange patterns (input only or output only), and that by
and large WSDL is intended for consumption by software agents, is there a
great deal of value in supporting them at all? I mean, given much the same
can be achieved with operations and all...

Of course I realise this probably prevents your C# tool from exposing C#
properties and instead would result in a bunch of get/set methods instead,
but is this a huge disadvantage? Or maybe I'm just a jealous Java (and J#)
programmer :-)

Jim