Re: agenda for today's MEP call

Sanjiva,

At 08:55 PM 6/17/2003 +0600, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>I think we should restrict ourselves to clarifying the outbound
>patterns rather than exploding the simple request-response MEP.
>My point about SOAP 1.2 was to point out that it appears that
>SOAP can live with a single r-r MEP and so why can't we?

There are several different ways a "request-response" pattern could be
defined.  Each variation has different meaning and carries different
consequences.  We are looking at these variations in detail in order to
make fully informed recommendations to the WG.  It would be pointless for
the WG to adopt all of these variations, and no one expects it to do
so.  The purpose of enumerating these variations is the enable precise,
informed discussion of their pros and cons.

>. . . I am
>concerned that we're introducing a lot of complexity to handle
>somewhat edge cases. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

No, it isn't complexity being added.  It is merely detailed analysis of the
choices.

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard