RE: MEP teleconf

It seems obvious, to me at least, that there is quite a gulf between my
position and the position other people are taking. I think that
operations in WSDL should be abstract, defining ONLY the sequence,
direction and cardinality of messages. All other details that are needed
to 'make stuff actually work', like # of channels, sync vs async,
timing, are defined at the binding level ( possibly with multiple levels
of binding, if we end up supporting multi-level bindings ).

The thing I find quite bizarre with the current MEP/IOP document is that
given the WSDL below, both port types are exactly the same by the time
you get to the binding level, but they are not compatible. I think this
is very bad, because mep2b is essentially a subset of iop2, so it seems
very strange that they are modelled as being completely separate.

Cheers

Gudge

<w:definitions xmlns:w='http://www.w3.org/2003/03/wsdl'
               xmlns:tns='http://example.org/stuff'
               xmlns:ws='http://www.w3.org/2003/01/wsdl/soap12'
               targetNamespace='http://example.org/stuff' >

 <!-- Message definitions elided -->

 <w:portType name='Foo' >
  <w:operation name='op' pattern='mep2b' >
   <w:input message='msga' />
   <w:output message='msgb' />
  </w:operation>
 </w:portType>

 <w:portType name='Bar' >
  <w:operation name='op' pattern='iop2' >
   <w:input message='msga' />
   <w:output message='msgb' />
  </w:operation>
 </w:portType>

 <w:binding name='FooBind' type='tns:Foo' >
  <ws:binding transport='http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap/bindings/HTTP/'
/>
  <w:operation name='op'>
   <ws:operation style='document' />
   <w:input>
    <ws:body />
   </w:input>
   <w:output>
    <ws:body/>
   </w:output>
  </w:operation>
 </w:binding>

 <w:binding name='BarBind' type='tns:Bar' >
  <ws:binding transport='http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap/bindings/HTTP/'
/>
  <w:operation name='op'>
   <ws:operation style='document' />