From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jonathan Marsh
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 2:35 PM
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: Deconstructing MEPs

There has been a practice of modeling essentially request-response
interactions (especially in the absence of WS-Addressing) as two one-way
messages.  IIRC, we recommend this strategy when the request and response
are over two different transports.

However, there seems to be a missing piece.  If I have an in-out MEP, I
should be able to deconstruct it into it's component parts fairly easily.

"in" of "in-out" -> "in-only"

"out" of "in-out" -> "out-only", only, "in-out" uses the fault propagation
rulset "fault replaces message" and "out-only" uses "no faults".

This shows our primitive in-only and out-only MEPs might not be adequate to
decompose our multi-message MEPs.  Do we want to enable such a scenario?  If
so, do we need a "fault-only" with "no-faults" MEP?  Or do we need
"out-only" with a "fault-replaces message" MEP?

 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][   <mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com> jmarsh@microsoft.com
][  http://auburnmarshes.spaces.msn.com  ]