Re: Section 2.15.3: {address}...otherwise empty.

Quoting from section 2 [1]:

By convention, when specifying the mapping rules from the XML Infoset
representation of a component to the component itself, an optional
property that is absent in the component in question is described as
being “empty”.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-wsdl20-20060106/#component_model

Thanks,
Roberto