FW: Comments from WS-A on WSDL 2.0 documents

Forwarding to comments list...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Marsh
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:10 PM
To: 'Rogers, Tony'; public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: RE: Comments from WS-A on WSDL 2.0 documents

Thanks for your comment.  The WS Description Working Group tracked this
as a Last Call comment LC346 [1].  The Working Group agreed to fix the
problems as detailed in-line below.

If we don't hear otherwise within two weeks, we will assume this
satisfies your concern.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/issues.html#LC346

The WG directed the editors to adopt these editorial improvements.

> 2. Section 5.3 contains repeated use of the term "endpoint reference"
> in a sense which is not a WS-A EPR. It would be wise, particularly
> given the references in 5.2 to WS-A, to make it very clear that the
> endpoint reference described in 5.3 is not an End Point Reference. Or
> maybe a different term would be better? Something like "endpoint URL"
> perhaps?

The WG directed the editors to use alternate terminology.  "References
to endpoints" was a favorite alternative of the WG.

> 3. WS Addressing is not included in the References, despite being
> mentioned in section 5.2.

The WG directed the editors to add such a reference.