Re: The WSDL 2.0 XSD for Root Element is Too Loose

Asir Vedamuthu wrote:

> Arthur,
>
>> The above grammar is deterministic and enforces the ordering
>> constraint expressed in the spec using XSD constructs
>
> Yes, it is deterministic. Yes, it enforces the ordering constraints.
> But, at a cost (at a glance):
>
> (a) rules out extensibility elements
> (b) types element is required if either include or import element is
> present
> (c) .. so on

(d) A XSD->Java tool will generate yucky code when it encounters it.
(Most tools will,
regardless of the target language. <xsd:choice/> is just too hard to
translate.)

>> I am in favour of expressing as many as possible constraints in XSD
>
> I agree with you, whenever feasible.

I don't. I'd rather have a human-readable schema than a complete one,
especially given we can't make it 100% accurate.

Roberto