From: public-ws-desc-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-desc-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Arthur
Ryman
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 7:59 AM
To: public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org
Subject: Rename <definitions> to <description>

Since WSDL is the Web Services Description Language, it is natural to
make its root element <description>.  A WSDL document describes a Web
service. The document is therefore a description.

This change would make our names more consistent with XSD, i.e it is XML
Schema language its root element is <schema>.

The Definitions component should be called the Description component.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411