Re: CLARITY ON LINEAR TYPES IN WS-CDL (aka Proposal for issue 1003)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your information. As I wrote before, this is a
design decision: what I offer below is a basic observation
based on our analysis.

If WG members including you, who are experts in this field,
can find no reasonable business protocols in which this
idea is essential (parallel threads with an identical channel
instance and an identical op name),  then Nobuko and I
consider CDL doc may as well recommend users to avoid
such usage, without loss of generality.  Apart from the lack
of reasonable examples, two main reasons are:

(1) If we allow such usage, a description does not explicitly
contain information about distinctness of interactions
which an inputting party can use.

(2) Nobody would want shared, interfered, and non-
deterministic interactions.

Further considerations including how this constraint may be
incorporated into CDL doc, if ever, I wish to leave to
discussions by CDL WG members.

Best wishes,

kohei