RE: Proposal related to ordering of finalize activities

Dear Gary and others,

Funnily enough you proposal is vaguely familiar.  It is very similar, if not
the same, as the one I made internally before we published your contribution
to the group.  (So on that basis I suppose I ought to support it, or at
least feel somewhat vindicated!)  However, Peter changed it to the current
syntax.  I am therefore reluctant to agree the change as Peter always does
things for a good reason, if if that is not immediately obvious to the likes
of me.  It may have been as simple as leaving open the possibility of adding
in child elements to finalizerReference in the future, if needs be (already
there is an optional ANY type that can be filled).  Also if we were to make
the change then we would need to allow for several finalise elements next to
each other so would still need to have a rule about the order they were
performed in.

I would therefore much prefer to leave the current syntax alone and just add
a default lexical ordering rule for the few occasions when there are
multiple elements together with no other ordering rule in force.

Note that the problem can potentially occur wherever there is a
maxOccurs="unbounded" (actually greater than ="1") and there is no
applicable other ordering rule.  We may need to also consider exchange and
record within interaction, copy within assign, and workunit within exception

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
 tony.fletcher@choreology.com    amfletcher@iee.org       (also
tony_fletcher@btopenworld.com)