Re: Comments on primer please

Comments:

I think the same document should be suitable for business analysts (probably
jusst the first few sections), choreography designers with the various
advanced situations that should be covered, but should also be suitable for
CDL implementors - i.e. providing clarifications on how advanced situations
should be handled, including how to potentially bind with other standards
(e.g. security, reliable messaging, coordination, etc.).

Section 3: Although I think the initial focus on interactions is a good
idea, as essentially CDL is promoting an 'interaction oriented' approach to
designing distributed systems, I am not sure that the interaction syntax
details (and code fragments) are appropriate here. I think section 3 should
be focusing on describing the example, highlighting the interaction focus,
but then establish the static type information required to support the
interaction-oriented description - including participants which is currently
missing. This then sets the scene for the flow description of the
activities.

Possibly section 4 can be describing the interaction (with the details about
exchanges and record details).

Then maybe section 5 on structural activities.

Section 6 on more advanced choreo patterns
 - modularization (performing sub-choreos)
 - including async concurrent performs
 - dependent workunits

Section 7 could then focus on Faults, Exception Handling and Finalization
(talk about finalization as opposed to compensation, as compensation is only
one possible use of the finalizer mechanism). Also could deal with timeouts?

Section 8 on "gotchas" - such as race conditions and the consequences of
global conditions that do not have the appropriate state management to
ensure that each participant have the appropriate state to support the
conditions. Also possibly discuss interference scenarios in terms of
linearity?

Section 9 - WS-CDL with other standards - show examples of how CDL can be
bound to security, reliable message and coordination standards

Regards
Gary