Re: question: relation between WS-CDL and WSCI

See comments about WS-CDL below.

--
Nick

Titi Roman wrote:

> Hi Assaf,
> Thanks a lot for clarifying some things...still some questions in-line.

Why does the global model implies static linking? I am not sure I understand this.

And what is the dynamic linking between ws from the point of view of the
coneversation? Can you elaborate on this more?

> What about the view of the overall message exchange as seen
> from one participant? Isn't WS-CDL supposed to support also this view?

I have filled an issue for this in the Cambridge F2F and myself and Steve have
an action item to present our proposal to the group.

Maybe you have some insights that can help the group one way or another?

> In this context still my previuos questions:
>
> Where exactly is pi-calculus used in WS-CDL and what scenarios by using
> pi-calculus in this context do you predict?

Please take a look at the latest e-mail sent to the list by Nobuko (one of our
2 invited experts) on this.

> When you choosd pi-calculus as the underlying fromalizm for WS-CDL, I
> suppose you had some reasons for choosing it and not other
> formalisms...could you point out shortly these reasons?

I would advise you to look into our archieves, since we had very strong
debates in the last 1 year about the usefuleness of a formal
model - being pi-calculus/or a flavour of pi-calculus, event calculus, a
less constrained computational model like CCS, etc. - as the
basis of the CDL language.