RE: Oracle's CDL contribution transaction question

Dear Steve, Nick and all others,

Yes, this requirement is (in my opinion) a higher level re-statement of
my four requirements, with the proviso that the mechanism used is not
always a compensation one and we should not be specifying the mechanism
anyway.

So:

1)  I would like to see the word 'compensation' replaced with 'outcome'
(most general but applicable term that I can currently think of,
stepping down a fraction of a level my next choice would be '
confirmation or cancellation') so the requirement would read:

12. Assert when Web Service participants are capable of managing their
collaborations in a transactional way, to precisely define the
transaction boundaries and the common observable outcome behaviour.
Coordinate the outcome of the long-lived collaborations, which include
multiple, often recursive collaboration units, each with its own
business rules and goals

2)  I see the way I formulated the requirements as expanding on this one
in a helpful way to guide those developing the language constructs from
the requirements (top down view) and consistent with the currently
available mechanisms / protocols we know will need to underlie the
language constructs (bottom up view).

Best Regards,

Tony

 <http://www.choreology.com/>

Tony Fletcher

Technical Advisor
Choreology Ltd.
68, Lombard Street, London EC3V 9L J   UK

Phone:

+44 (0) 870 7390076

Mobile:

+44 (0) 7801 948219

Fax:

+44 (0) 870 7390077

Web:

 <http://www.choreology.com/> www.choreology.com

Cohesions(tm)

Business transaction management software for application coordination

Work: tony.fletcher@choreology.com

12. Assert when Web Service participants are capable of managing their
collaborations in a transactional way, to precisely define the
transaction boundaries and the common observable compensation behavior.
Coordinate the outcome of the long-lived collaborations, which include
multiple, often recursive collaboration units, each with its own
business rules and goals.

Question: Does item 12 above match your requirements?

Cheers

Steve T