Re: MIRC for OSX

Check out
   http://irchelp.org/irchelp/mac/
the mac OS X page on the IRC help site -- pointers to a several cheap
shareware ircs.  Mozilla also includes chatzilla, a good bare bones
irc with a few nice features (create irc channels as bookmarks for
your browser) and many people who use X11 for their Macs use Xchat
aqua, esp. to get through firewalls (has good proxying).  There's
also the open source beta of mchat
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/email_chat/mchat.html
I haven't used it myself, but have heard it recommended as a simple
way to get started  (also several others on the macosx download site)
  so no excuse not to get irc'ed...

At 9:47 AM +0100 10/14/03, Steve Ross-Talbot wrote:
>I use JediKnight which seems to be pretty good.
>
>On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 07:10  am, Chris Wessells wrote:
>

>>  I doubt there will ever be a version of mIRC for OS X.  Xchat
>>aqua, is the best freeware irc app available for OS X.
>>

>>  r|0|0|t

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***