Fwd: A trial balloon distinction between choreography & orchestration

As an aside from all of the stuff going on in requirements I would be
interested on peoples take on what Frank postulated as a distinction
between the O word and the C word. As a guiding principle in how we may
view a CDL is this helpful?

Suppose we changed it slightly to read:

	A written choreography description documents how a set of Web Services
should be "used".

This minor change could then incorporate design-time use as well as
run-time use (for conformance and compliance to a choreography).

On the other hand WS-BPEL executable processes falls into the latter
(the O-word) and abstract processes  are a modified lesser form of
contract such as:

	A written business protocol (i.e. abstract WS-BPEL) description
describes how a single Web Service 	should be "used".

Just a thought ....

Cheers

Steve T

Begin forwarded message: