Re: Use Cases & Requirements

Yaron deserves thanks for producing this detailed writeup.

A couple of first-pass comments:

1. It is stated that in a cDl (Choregraphy description language), "the
logic that controls a particular transition is given in prose rather
than in an executable form" (p.1). The issue I see with this is that
it's unenforceable. Also there's no guarantee that implementation stays
in sync with the description.

2. The notion of an abstract process is introduced in the 2nd use case,
as a point intermediate in complexity and specificity between a
choreography description and an executable choreography. This is
interesting. Actually if you take the whole document, there are 4
possible levels discussed:

    a. Choreography description subset that allows round-tripping
    b. Full choreography description
    c. Abstract business process
    d. Executable business process.

The implications of these various levels for the spec are not fully
clear to me.

I wonder if Yaron had something like the "external" portion of BPEL in
mind at the abstract business process level.

--Jon