Re: Straw-man Proposal for our mission statement

At 9:53 -0700 5/13/03, Jon Dart wrote:
>I'm tending towards Assaf's point of view here. However, there is
>DAML-S  to consider also. Per our charter, we are suppose to liase
>with the DAML-S group. But this doesn't imply a non-WSDL binding
>because apparently DAML-S is based on extensions within the WSDL
>framework.
>
>--Jon

DAML-S provides a grounding that works directly in WSDL (as I demoed
at the kickoff f2f), but which provides an intermediate layer so it
can ground in other services (we use device services in UPnP as well).

My personal vote would be for us to do something like this - making
WSDL our primary target, and one for which we develop a direct
mapping, but allowing the possibility of relocatability of
choreographies.
  -JH

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler