Re: Straw-man Proposal for our mission statement

Burdett, David wrote:

 > So if anyone has an opinion for or against WSDL, can you please clarify
 > whether you refer to the WSDL services, WSDL interfaces or WSDL whole.

I don't think anyone is actually arguing in favor of a direct binding at
the service level. If I am defining a choreography, IMO it shouldn't
matter to me if people are connecting to it via HTTP, JMS, etc. - in
other words, I shouldn't care what the concrete WSDL is. Ideally I'd
like to be able to define the role in terms of abstract WSDL. I've heard
several people express the idea that this role->WSDL binding should be
at the level of a service type, assuming WSDL 1.2 re-introduces such a
concept. (One of the difficulties in talking about the relation of WSDL
to WS-Choreography is that WSDL 1.2 is a moving target).

Of course to execute a choreography you need concrete bindings, but that
could be another layer.

--Jon