From: public-ws-chor-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-chor-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Mischkinsky
Sent: 12 May 2003 12:02
To: Howard N Smith; public-ws-chor@w3.org
Subject: RE: Liaison between WS BPEL TC and W3C WS Choreography

FWIW, I note that this invitation went to the Chairs, as individuals.
   jeff

At 06:30 AM 5/10/2003, Howard N Smith wrote:

>Did you ever get a reply to the letter Martin?
>
>---
>
>Dear Diane and John, Congratulations on the formation of the WS BPEL TC

>in
>OASIS. As co-chairs of the W3C Web Services Choreography working group
we
>understand the efforts that will be involved, and wish you the best of
>luck. We firmly believe that the orchestration/choreography is a big
>space. Furthermore we believe that there is room for non-overlapping
specs
>in this area, that can lead to a family of complimentary languages.
This
>will benefit the community and more importantly customers. It is our
>intention to liaise closely with groups in this space in a manner that
is
>constructive and non-intrusive, in order to ensure we can provide
maximum
>benefit to the community and customers. With the formation of your
group,
>the WS BPEL TC, and the focus of your groups work we would very much
like
>to pursue a liaison with you. In addition the two groups will no doubt
>have common requirements on other groups such as, for example, the need

>for end-point references in WSDL 1.2. We fee!
>  l it makes sense to explore these requirements together and submit
them
> to the appropriate group as one voice, albeit from two groups. To
further
> explore possible liaisons and to ensure that we understand how we can
be
> of mutual benefit we cordially invite you to our next face to face
> meeting on 18-20 June in Chicago. We would like you to meet the group,
of
> which we share a considerable overlap in membership, and talk about
ways
> in which we can work together for mutual benefit. For the purpose of
> clarity, we are not requiring you to join the working group to pursue
> this, merely to attend the face to face meeting as invited guests.
Please
> let us know if you are interested and we can forward on registration
and
> logistics information when they become available. Best regards, Martin

> Chapman (Oracle) & Steve Ross-Talbot (Enigmatec) Co-chairs W3C
> Choreography Working Group
>

>---
>
>New Book - Business Process Management: The Third Wave www.bpm3.com
>
>Howard Smith/CSC/BPMI.org
>cell             +44 7711 594 494 (worldwide)
>home office +44 20 8660 1963

This email is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If
you are not the intended recipient,  please do not copy or disclose its
content but  delete the email and contact the sender immediately. Whilst
we run antivirus software on all internet emails we are not liable for
any loss or damage. The recipient is advised to run their own antivirus
software.